The system includes a 128-channel multiplexing pulser/receiver module; state of-the-art data capture electronics and a standard PC laptop, housed in a low-profile rugged plastic enclosure. The instrument operates through a user-friendly Windows based interface.
Powerful gating and evaluation tools ensure that the ultrasonic signals can be analyzed and interpreted to the fullest extent. RapidScan 2 operates in pulse-echo mode suitable for inspecting medium to large areas. The high resolution C-scans show time of flight and amplitude data, simultaneously displaying both A and B-scans live.
RapidScan 2 has been successfully employed for inspecting a range of materials and structures. A simple parallel may be drawn to conventional A-scan inspections; if a part can be inspected with a ¼”, single element transducer then it can often be inspected using RapidScan 2. Exceptions to this rule are compound curves, complex geometry and parts with restricted access.
- Universal power supply (110-240v)
- Dimensions: 520 x 375 x 210mm (W x D x H)
- Simultaneous live A, B, C-scan
- Simultaneous capture of multiple C-scans
- Large area mapping capability.
- Powerful post processing capability using full waveform capture.
- RF, Full Wave, Half Wave Positive, Half Wave Negative
- High frame rate B-scan display (>200 Hz typical)
- Up to 6 gates with multiple peak detection, triggering and measurement.
Evaluation tools for data analysis:
- Line, Rectangle, Circle, Ellipse, Polygon tools
- Min, Max, Mean, Std. Dev.
- Pulser type: Negative square wave
- Pulser amplitude: -70 V<
- Pulse Width: 25ns to 250 ns, adjustable in 0.5ns steps
- Max prf: 50 kHz
- Active Channels: 32
- Max no. of Channels: 128
- System Bandwidth: 1 MHz to 22 MHz
- Receiver gain: 80 dB
- TCG: No. of points: 16
- Amplitude Resolution: 0.3dB
- Time resolution: 10ns
- Total correction: 80 db<
- Slope range: 0-40dB/µs